June 3, 2009

Wednesday's Wine - Harlow Ridge Pinot Noir, 2007

Well aren't y'all lucky tonight! Here I am with another yummy wine. This 2007 Pinot Noir from Harlow Ridge is slightly lighter in both color and heft than typical Pinot Noirs. Perfect weight for a red wine in summer.

I picked this one up at...well shoot, I went to both my favorite stores this past week. I do remember it was about $7.00. And it's available at a few liquor stores here in Colorado, so I'm sure to have it again. Anyway, it has a lightly spicy nose (which means it smells peppery and spicy), with nice fruit flavors on the finish. I found it smooth, but not wimpy. It was good with a steak that was sliced for sandwiches I think, but I had it pan fried along with steamed asparagus. I finished off the bottle tonight with stir fry in a homemade spicy teriyaki sauce. It also held up well with BBQ chicken.

Enjoy!

UPDATE: I bought this bottle of wine at 3S Liquors. I figured this out when I made my weekly stop and saw the display of all wines Harlow Ridge. I now have in my possession, two more flavors! Check back here in the coming weeks to see what I think of these $7.00 wines...

8 comments:

KatSmaK said...

Sounds like one to search for.

Thanks for the insight.

TheWeyrd1 said...

Kat...you're welcome.

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

Lately I've been picking a pinot noir almost exclusively, much for the same reasons that you site. It's a good red with almost any dish. I'll have to check out the Harlow Ridge, thanks!

TheWeyrd1 said...

jennifer...let me know how you like it!

Jannie Funster said...

$8.00 -- the extravagnce!!

I can't really think about wine now as I have a bit of a headache. But you've made me hungry! I have somr very fine Campbells Chunky Beef w Country Vegetables Soup just calling my name. I might even heat it up before ingesting.

TheWeyrd1 said...

Jannie...I just updated the info and you'll be happy to know I only paid $7.00 for it! And yeah, you should heat up that kind of soup before eating. Look at it this way though, you can just leave it in the can and put it outside in the HOT Austin sun. I hear it's unusually warm down there for June!

Jannie Funster said...

Yeah it's gonna be an @$$-kicker heat wise this summer, I bet. How did they ever survive before A/C?

Lucky you in CO now!

TheWeyrd1 said...

Jannie...no clue, and I was born there...well El Paso...