March 20, 2008

A Gay Night of TV

So I was just minding my own business. Camped out on the newish leather sofa, recovering from my icky head cold. When I thought I saw a guy kiss another guy on "Lost". Thank goodness for the ability to rewind live TV. Yep, some guy kissed another guy (one of the macho redneck Others actually) in that European way, except more intimately. Like almost on the lips...like on the corner of the other guy's lips. Seriously. On "Lost". Guess I wasn't hallucinating. THEN, I'm watching the season finale of "Lipstick Jungle" (yes, I know, I feel like I'm cheating on Cashmere Mafia) and some gal lays a big one on Victory while proposing a three way with the gal's husband or boyfriend (Yeah, I wasn't paying close attention prior to the big smacker). And then she was in bed with them. Right there on NBC. Course, it went nowhere. But, I bet some right wing bible thumpers are more upset about that than the storyline involving infidelity. Anyway, we're popping up everywhere...

3 comments:

Websketch (Web Sass) said...

It is fashionable to be lgb now, I have been seeing it everywhere and I hear it is all the rage! Now maybe if my wife was not in another state coddling the grandbaby that I want to squeeze the poop out of, I would know. But no luck, stuck here with the teens and adults that still act like teens, working on the vehicles and keeping the plants and pets alive. Sounds like your monthly get together was more fun tho. Why would you want to spread out, bump into someone! Make a connection, could be fun!

RED MOJO said...

I suspect in the comming seasons we'll be teased into watching more shows by the lesbian kiss in the coming attractions, but it will just be some disconnected moment in the show, someone drunk, or dreaming, but it'll boost the ratings!

Anonymous said...

Didn't you hear that gay was the new straight? Its fahionable to have gay moments even in prime time TV. I try not to pay to much mind to those types of things. Here's something I'll have you ponder, I'm not big into politics but I didnt' know if you knew about the canidates position on gay rights....write a blog on that please ma'am :o)