July 7, 2008

Make My Monday - Fireworks

I spent the morning of the 4th in the pool. Sun and water make me tired. So I passed on the First Friday party (and seriously at my age three of those parties in one month is way more than I can handle). I ended up staying home and making some of my tasty country pork ribs in the crock pot (don't ask me for the recipe though...it's a secret!) which I had along with corn on the cob. That night I discovered that I can see a lot of different fireworks shows from the lawn near my condo! Very cool. I watch fireworks go off for over an hour and chatted with a couple of my neighbors too. See I do get out!

I also stayed home on Saturday. I did, however, enter all my business and personal receipts except a small pile of cash receipts from the 1st quarter. I also dusted everything in the whole condo, cleaned the bathroom, and moved my piles of papers to more appropriate places other than the dining room table (this was in anticipation of a possible swim date...didn't happen though).

Sunday ended up being my busy day. I went and hit golf balls alone (but with my new golf bag!) after a friend called to reschedule due to plumbing issues. Apparently she was under her bathroom sink all morning (I could have offered to help, but I wasn't feeling butch enough...hee). Then I went to the Cherry Creek Arts Festival with another friend (kind of a casual date). The weather was overcast and a tad cooler than Friday and Saturday, so it was perfect temperature wise. I was sure it was going to storm though as the clouds were low and dark. My "date" noticed that the wind direction changed and suggested that we pop into a fun bar and grill for lunch before the skies let loose. Then all it did was sprinkle for a couple minutes. But lunch was good and she paid. Does that mean it's not a casual date anymore? I may have to consult a book I forgot I had in my library, "Is it a Date or Just Coffee". I did buy us some very expensive Gelato's (she had raspberry and I had chocolate chocolate chip...nice mix too). For the price they should have been larger, but they came in some cute reusable cups (which I kept, thank you).

So, how was your 4th of July weekend? Any fireworks!?!

8 comments:

Trop said...

On the 4th, Court and I went to the minor league ball game for the fireworks show afterward. Other than that we did a lot around the house this weekend in anticipation of the kids coming here for three weeks (we'll drive to Knoxville on Saturday to fetch them). I was a sick puppy yesterday. Watched the race Saturday night (Rowdy pulled out another win, YAY!).

TheWeyrd1 said...

trop...forgive my racing ignorance, but who is Rowdy (as in full name and car number)? Sorry you didn't feel well on Sunday...was that related to watching the race on Saturday night?

LostInColor said...

Next time you cook those ribs you can invite me over! Sounds like you had a date to me. Gelato...yummm.

TheWeyrd1 said...

lost...gelato yummm...price paid way too much...ewww.

Jdancer8 said...

well the only fireworks i saw were the ones i see when i give my lady a kiss----ahaah JK we headed to milwaukee for summerfest which turned out to be drink beer and hangout in the sun all day and fight horrible crowds at night---not to shabby and I did enjoy the beer tasting---however a quiet night on the lawn with fireworks could have been nice too....

TheWeyrd1 said...

j...thanks for sharing. Wish I had my own private fireworks display at home...lol

The Gentleman said...

If buying dinner equals dating it means that me and the Lady have been dating for the past 6 years... with me always paying.. eeeuch that's creepy.
Either way I hope it was worth it :) My personal view on how decide if a date is casual or not? If there's gonna be a second date, it's definitely not casual anymore...

TheWeyrd1 said...

Gentleman...I have gone out with this particular woman a few times, but I've also known her for over 20 years. Sometimes we split the bill. Sometimes I buy. Sometimes she does. This time I didn't even get the chance...because I drove over to her house which is much further how far she drove us to the festival. I think I need to read that book...sigh.