July 15, 2009

Wednesday's Wine - Other Ladies' Recommendations

So today I'm doing something different. I'm sharing a drinks link, an old friend's spirit recommendation, and an online/email buddy's wine review (because she doesn't have a blog). So first off, you may have noticed my extra long list of links and blogs that I like or follow. One of them is the relatively new De-Cantation in which she reviews three wines with two under $10! Go check them out.

My new old friend (HS friend who I re-connected with via Facebook) loves her some Grey Goose Martini's. I prefer vodka tonic when I'm not having a glass of wine or a cold beer. We decided to have a text toast of Grey Goose, and I must say it's SMOOTH!

My online buddy, Kath wrote to share about a Malbec she tried since she was inspired by another recommendation she found on this very blog:

"Having my first ever Malbec tonight.......Black Mountain Vineyard, 2005. Watson's Grove, CA. $3.99 at Trader Joe's. I'll let you know how it is..."

Later (and not that long later...heh), she wrote to share the following review:

"
The bottle reads:

"With an intriguing cross-section of flavors that range from fruit to floral, Black Mountain Malbec offers a very pleasing experience. Notes of violets and orange pekoe tea join with raspberries and plum. The finish is velvety as soft tannins delight the palate. Take advantage of this wines depth and complexity.It pairs nicely with a variety of cuisine...

"Very nice, indeed. really smooth and subtle. I will definitely seek out more Malbecs in the future. Thanks for suggesting. ;) "


Just a suggestion, but understand if you don't LIVE IN California, their wines might cost a tad more somewhere else. In other words, a $4.00 bottle of wine might run closer to $8.00.

ENJOY!

8 comments:

sageweb said...

I actually just started enjoying wine tasting more. I always go but mostly for the friends and buzz. But we found this place that writes out the best descriptions on each wine..it totally helps me taste and smell the wine better. I just needed a good visual.

TheWeyrd1 said...

Sage...are you referring to THIS place? If so, thanks! If not, what place are you referring to...share share...heh.

KathSW said...

How COOL that you used my little *winey* e-mail for your post! I'm really honored and wondering when the royalty checks will start coming in...... I need the $$$ for the next Trader Joe's run. ;)

Jannie Funster said...

i like margaritas, white russians, brut champagne, imported or small brewery lager and zombies, not necessarily in that order.

TheWeyrd1 said...

Kath...anytime you wanna do my job for me...heh...but it's not a paying job ya know...

Jannie...um, maybe I'll just hang with my family when I visit Austin in December...heh...that's a lot of drink!

secret agent woman said...

Vodka tonics are my non-beer/wine drink of choice, too.

I like malbecs, and also had a good red zinfandel recently - Seven Deadly ZIns.

secret agent woman said...

By the way, I'm just passing throurh, never been here before, and all that. :)

TheWeyrd1 said...

secret...thanks for passing through and thanks for the recommendation!