January 22, 2008

Too much time...so few ideas remembered...

I've been thinking about my little blog here and all of the observations I make each day. In fact, throughout the day (or weekend) I have thought of several topics to cover. Then the ideas pass and drift away. Like smoke, right up the chimney. When I actually take the time to write them down, I can't seem to remember a one of them (I have considered that this could be an age thing, though). However, technology being what it is these days, it occurred to me that I should use my multipurpose-do-everything-but-the-dishes cell phone (otherwise known as one of those smart phones) to make up for my memory lapses. It has a voice memo feature that I just never got in the habit of using. So then, when I'm not reading the paper, eating breakfast and watching TV (all at once), I could have all sorts of ideas just waiting in my little gizmo ready for me to ponder upon, muse over and put into words. The thing is, I just haven't had a need to learn it, let alone develop a habit of using it.

That got me thinking about habits... Yeah, not sure I'm ready to report on my observations there. Moving on. One observation I did have today, is that I'm ready to get back to a regular (well semi-regular) work schedule. I actually put together a bit of a training program for one of my two careers and contacted folks for my other career to inquire about lining up some consultation gigs. And don't you know, after a month of farting around (you'd think with TWO careers I'd already be too busy for anything more), I have a place to be for some work now. This is a good thing. It requires more discipline on my part and in addition to income, I get to ply two different trades that involve interacting with people. Interaction with people, which can lead to opportunities for observing. Therefore, in preparation for all this potential observational activity, I feel it's time to learn to use my gizmo's voice memo feature. Because people are interesting and I wouldn't want to let anyone down...what with all the baited breath out there waiting to ruminate with me on my latest observations...

2 comments:

RED MOJO said...

Ah yes, Blogger's Block. I suffer from the same malady. I once asked one of my favorite, and very prolific bloggers, how she does it. How she remembers all this things and details to write about. She said she was constantly narrating things internally and that helped her remember them. I still haven't quite nailed that one, but this post about a lack of material was quite entertaining!

Websketch (Web Sass) said...

Ok I can build you a web page, check your plumbing and change your breaks but those all in one phones are a different story altogether! I have a "V" and I don't think I have it all figured out yet. But it has a full keyboard and that works faster for texting so that's what matters. I enjoyed talking to you today, please come back and hang out. :)