December 10, 2008

Wednesday's Whine - I Forgot to Call in Gay.

So, I got word Tuesday evening that we of the "alternative lifestyle" were to call in GAY on Wednesday in support of the ongoing protest regarding California's Prop 8 as well as being second class citizens in general. Due to the time sensitive nature of my work (I work with kids who have learning and emotional disabilities) I had some work due on Thursday that I could have possibly finished on Tuesday or on Thursday morning if I had more warning. Sigh. And Wednesdays at work are THE longest days for me. I generally leave the condo at 6:30am and don't get back until 5pm. So in my work induced haze, I forgot to NOT spend money except at gay owned or gay supportive businesses. I'm a bad gay. I hope Pet Smart is gay supportive. Tucker needed dog food and boots. Course in my haze, I forgot to buy the boots (dog food comparisons took about 15 minutes). I'll do better. Really, I will...

7 comments:

Firebolt said...

Dang! But don't worry, you will have more opportunities to protest because this struggle isn't anywhere near over yet.

Jdancer8 said...

well i didn't call in gay either because well we had a snow day on tuesday, but i will say this I did not purchase anything. I wish I was a more dedicated gay and I wish I was more involved---but I do try to pay attention to all that is going on (even if i did miss the prop 8 protest in Madison....how did I miss this? you even told me) at leaset you werne't alone in the work induced haze to forget to call in gay.

TheWeyrd1 said...

Fire...you are correct!

J...I'm still in that haze...

Jannie Funster said...

Call in gay day! lol.

Could I have called in gay curious?

TheWeyrd1 said...

Jannie...I think the technical term depends on your level of curiosity. For the unsure the Q in LGBTQ means either Questioning or Queer. Then again you can be really in vogue and refuse a label of any sort...lol

Jannie Funster said...

Yeah, too many labels put on too many people anyway.

We all iz wot we iz.

Let there be love and understanding. And pastry. And good, good coffee.

TheWeyrd1 said...

Jannie...exactly!