December 24, 2008

Wednesday's Wine - Mouton Cadet Bordeaux, 2005

This will be a short post due to the holidays. So Merry Happy ChrismaHanaKwanzaKah!

My sister-in-law and I drank this with homemade pizza. My brother had a beer. I pick up this red wine blend at a local Austin liquor store for $10.00. It was good.

There are lots of reviews on the web if you want more detail...heh.

I will say that according to the label, this red wine is a blend of Merlot (65%), Cabernet Sauvignon (20%) and Cabernet Franc (15%). All of the grapes are in fact grown in the Bordeaux region of France. It was tasty with very little alcohol burn on the finish and a nice earthy nose (scent for you novices...heh).

My sister-in-law deemed it very good since after half a bottle it put her in the mood... Yeah, where did I pack my ear plugs?

ENJOY!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe I've actually had that one.

Enjoying your visit?

TheWeyrd1 said...

Citizen...Yes, I'm enjoying my visit, although I'm very tired for some reason. I think I might have some really mild something...but not sure what... Hope you and your boys are having fun!

Jannie Funster said...

I am so not a coinesseur, (and I certainly can't even spell that word, as you can see.) Sometimes I think it depends on my mood whether or not I like a wine or not.

I believe I have had that Mouton Cadet and was not disappointed.

Wine iz gud!!

TheWeyrd1 said...

Jannie...I did buy this wine in Austin, so I'm sure you could find it somewhere nearby. Let me know what you think if you try it!

HopeSpringsATurtle said...

OMG! I love the Mouton Cadet! It'ds been my super-secret-cheap-French-red forevah. Thanks for promoting it.

Happy New Year and I posted someting you might be interested in:

What I Really Wanted For Christmas

TheWeyrd1 said...

HopeS...see my comment on your post, that I was already reading when you stopped by mine!

Jannie Funster said...

Hwy Weyrdie, I've been checking back here but see no new posts yet.

I live in hope!!

or did that wine hold you captive?

TheWeyrd1 said...

Hey Jannie...thanks for waiting with baited breath! I've been recovering from too much driving and other tiring activities. Back to work today, so things should improve! Especially if Ohio State (my alma mater) beats Texas...heh.