May 19, 2008

Make My Monday - Melanie Susuras Band

I just found out that my pal Melanie and her band have completed their new CD, "Stop to Stand". It has some awesome tracks. Right now if you visit her site you can hear two of her songs "Unfinished" and "Fingerprints" along with a few other cool tunes. I've heard all of them live as well, and Melanie's band rocks! I hope you think so too!

On another note, the daughter of Raul Castro (Cuba's new President taking over for his brother Fidel), Mariela presided over a meeting on Saturday promoting the rights of "sexual minorities" and then they all watched "Brokeback Mountain". This after California's Supreme Court pretty much approving gay marriage. Last week was a good week, too!

4 comments:

Jdancer8 said...

pretty good week for "the gays" as they sometimes call us last week huh? big "gay" weekend coming up for cape cod mass this weekend...and its the first time in three years i wont be attending....

TheWeyrd1 said...

Yep...sorry you're gonna miss your big gay cape cod weekend though.

Baino said...

G'day thought I'd return the favour. Well done California (I'm not gay but it's been a long time coming) We're reviewing legislation here that discriminates against gays and lesbians but it's mostly to do with property and de facto status no joy on the same sex marriage scene just yet . . .time will tell.

TheWeyrd1 said...

Baino...thanks for popping by! I'm a bit of a civil unions with all legal rights kind of gal myself. I think that if any pair of humans wants to partner up for the sake of legal rights and family protections, they should have civil unions and they can call it a marriage if they have a religious organization bless/sanction it. Very clean to keep the government out of church and the church out of the government. On a related note, I also think you should get to keep your social security benefits earned in a previous union in which one partner has passed even if you get hitched to a new partner. Just my 2 cents.