May 13, 2008

Tuesday's Time Waster - Surfing the Net

I wake up most mornings, watch the weather report and sports recaps. Then I wander around the condo for a minute ('cause it's a small condo). I usually end up in the bathroom...shower now, later or tomorrow? Eventually, I have a breakfast shake, a cup of coffee and sit down with the laptop. I visit all my favorite sites to catch up on pop culture and presidential politics (yes, Hillary is still in the running for today). The thing about the net is that it's a population explosion of new sites everyday. And within each site, the net continues to expand (I think "nodes" is geek for site page expansions, but I'm not geeky enough to know for sure). Then I click on interesting links and the next thing you know, I'm watching a video in China...or some place that uses Chinese like characters for captioning English language videos (I have a large collection of links to fun websites for watching old TV shows, Movies, etc. that I can access anytime I want). Today I found a new site for tech tips (but I managed to tear myself away after 30 minutes or so). It's amazing actually how much content I can access on the net. Of course that leads me back to thinking about how much time I really can waste just surfing the net... So what interesting things have you found lately?

9 comments:

Syd said...

Do you like old photos? I adore this site.

And you'd be surprised what you can learn at Urban Dictionary. LOL

TheWeyrd1 said...

syd...oooo neat site. And yes, lots to learn at Urban Dictionary...like paddling a canoe. I've referred to it and other dictionaries regularly.

Anonymous said...

I virtually never go on-line for information, unless I'm looking up something I'm blogging about or for practical information about where to stay, soemthing I need to buy, etc. Not that there isn't a lot of fascinating news out there, it's just that I have so very, very little time (as you may see by how long it took me to come around and catch up. But I have now!)

Websketch (Web Sass) said...

I like the Urban Dictionary also. A new site I found is http://twitter.com I am not sure what to make of it yet but we will see what the future brings. I have been involved in Second Life as well, amazing how it has grown into a virtual world becoming more like real life everyday. Also very time consuming (wasting).

TheWeyrd1 said...

Citizen and Web...thanks for stopping by!!! Web, I've considered checking out Second Life, but I'm afraid...very afraid...lol

Jdancer8 said...

I think all time on the computer in some way is wasted...I wish I wasn't addicted to it. If the internet is down its like a life line has been cut...i think i actually even go into an anxiety attack....depressing isn't it?

but thanks for adding another site I can check on (blogger) and lose a couple hours of my life in :o)

TheWeyrd1 said...

You're welcome J!

yenbar said...

For some reason,the site that fascinates me lately is phonezoo.com.ringtones galore and some you would never think to use. Did you know there is ringtone that has such a high pitch that adults can't hear it ..ususally only kids can hear it..i tried it out on my 10 year old nephew and he still doesn't believe that I couldn't hear it..strange... I hear kids like to use this ringtone in school so their teacher can't hear when their cell phone goes off.

TheWeyrd1 said...

Hey Yen...thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to remember to test that out when I go visit my nephews this summer!