May 27, 2008

Tuesday's Time Waster - Overrated Restaurants

I've had a busy day, so when a friend asked me if I wanted to go for a bite to eat (after I looked at her new benefits package...for free), I said sure, I'll even drive. She always drives...everywhere. All the time. Because then she can dictate when we leave. But, I found out that the cost of gas is the great equalizer! Now I get to dictate when we leave...woohoo! Anyway, we went to a new restaurant (which I won't name since I know you all don't live anywhere near me, so what difference does it make anyway?) and while it's in a lovely location and very new, they definitely need to improve a few things. Basically the good part was 3 out of four dishes had good flavor...that's it. The hot items weren't hot enough and the Caesar salad was all inner chopped hearts of romaine (not green) with boring store bought croutons and flavorless (and egg-less) Caesar dressing. Total tab for two appetizers and two entree size salads with tax and tip was $36.00 (no beverages). Oh yeah, and our waiter looked and sounded bored (before we ordered I might add). Yeah, not going back there for a good long while, if ever. That was both a waste of time and money. And as you know, I hate to waste money.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, if a restaurant can't make a peoper salad, they aren't worth vsiting. And there is no excuse for your waiter to treat you as if bringing you dinner is boring to him. With a frinedly wiater, I can forgive a multitude of minor problems.

TheWeyrd1 said...

Citizen...exactly!

Jdancer8 said...

I know lots of people say get out there and try new things...however I find that when I branch out and try new places to eat I'm very unhappy with the taste, quality, service and last but not least the price....sometimes i think its just better to stick to what ya know and like...

yenbar said...

I'm very bad about trying new places to eat also.I have a few places i like and i tend to order the same things all the time.i dont eat out alot so i like to stick with what i know i like.

TheWeyrd1 said...

I like to experiment. I'm a bit of a foodie (thanks to my mom) and the place got a good write up. That said, I prefer to try new places when I have a coupon, so if it was ho hum, I don't feel like I was totally taken... So J and Yen, do get out there and try new things, just wait for a coupon or a good special!